Sunday, February 8, 2009

BACK AGAIN...

I made it back before Monday!

So I thought I'd just give you a brief run down of last week!

Monday - M arrived home from an 8 day trip - Sydney - Hong Kong - London - Singapore - Melbourne - Sydney. I feel exhausted just thinking about it!
We spent the evening at his parents house and had a nice BBQ and I had a few to many vinos (nothing new there then)!

Tuesday - Was spent food shopping, painting nails and watching The Biggest Loser!

Wednesday - We went out for a lovely meal with M's friend (from the flying world) and his girlfriend! We went to Surrey Hills and ate at a Tapas restaurant called Cru54. Which is owned by a 747-400 Captain. I must say it was lovely and I'd definitely like to go back again!

Thursday - Nothing! Bliss...

Friday - My friend Cous came over!!! Cous is an Aussie living in the UK and is over here on holidays visiting family & friends!
It's quite a bazaar story actually -

We worked together at Qantas London Base and became really good friends. Then when I decided (with the help of M) that I would move to Australia, it turned out I was moving to exactly the same place that Cous was born and raised - what are the chances!!!???
So Friday night Cous came round and we enjoyed a good catch up over a few drinkies! I love catching up on what's going on back at the London Base but it does make me a feel a bit *nostalgic!
*1. a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time.

What a perfect description!

That's not to say I'm not happy here! How could I not be?! Yesterday was spent at the beach topping up my tan with M and Cous and yes I enjoyed the water very much!! I think I've cracked it - FINALLY!!!

Today, Sunday - M's gone again! Jo'Burg this time! Only for 5 days so not to bad and then he has nearly a month off!


What to do today - Beach or Boat???? Hmmm......tricky one..............I'll fill you in later!

HAPPY TANNING XXX

1 comment:

  1. I have to check out that Tapas Restaurant...ooooh I do love Tapas.

    ReplyDelete